Saturday 28 November 2009

YOUNGEST MOTHER IN THE WORLD


Bulgarian girl, 11,

gives birth to her daughter...

on her wedding day

An 11-year-old girl became one of the world's youngest mothers -

and went into labour on the way to her wedding.

Kordeza Zhelyazkova, from Sliven in Bulgaria , was still wearing her wedding dress

and tiara as she was rushed to hospital, where she gave birth to 5lb 8oz Violeta.

Proudly displaying her baby, she told reporters: 'I'm not going to play with toys any more -

I have a new toy now.'

Pre-teen mother Korteza, 11, with her newborn baby Violeta.

Kordeza - who fell pregnant within two weeks of her 11th birthday -

spent the night in hospital with Violeta and then headed back

to church for her wedding with 19-year-old Jeliazko Dimitrov.

Kordeza told the News of the World:

'It feels strange to be a mum and have a baby.

'I used to play with my toys but now she is my new toy.

'She is so beautiful, I love her. Violeta is the child and I must grow up.

I am not going back to school - I am a mother now.'

The couple met when Jeliazko rescued Kordeza

from bullies in the playground..

However he now faces six years in jail for having sex with a minor,

telling the paper his fears when he found out Kordeza was pregnant.

He said: 'I was really scared.

'We didn't plan to have sex or a baby although I fell in love

with Kordeza the moment I saw her.

He added: 'I was walking past the school when I saw some boys

mocking her and I told them to leave her alone.

'Then she arranged to meet me and asked me out on our first date.

I thought she was 15. She didn't tell me she was 11.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Funny Pictures