Tuesday 24 November 2009

Beating the employment ‘trap'


Bill Gates organized an enormous session to recruit a new Chairman for Microsoft Europe. 5000 candidates assembled in a large room.
One candidate is our Ramasamy.

Bill Gates: Thank you for coming.
Those who do not know JAVA may leave.

2000 people leave the room.

Ramasamy says to himself,
‘I do not know JAVA, but I have
nothing to lose if I stay. I’ll give it a try !’

Bill Gates: Candidates who never had experience of managing more
than 100 people may leave.

2000 people leave the room.

Ramasamy says to himself
‘I never managed anybody by
myself, but I have nothing to lose if I stay. What can
happen to me?’ So he stays.

Bill Gates: Candidates who do not have management diplomas may
leave.

500 people leave the room.

Ramasamy says to himself,

‘I left school at 15, but what
have I got to lose?’ So he stays in the room.

Lastly,
Bill Gates asked the candidates who do not speak Serbo-Croat
to leave.

498 people leave the room.

Ramasamy says to himself,

‘I do not speak one word of
Serbo-Croat but what do I have to lose ?’ So he stays
and finds himself with one other candidate; Everyone else
has gone.

Bill Gates joined them and said ‘Apparently you are the only
two candidates who speak Serbo-Croat, so I’d now like to
hear you have a conversation together in that
language.’
Calmly, Ramasamy turns to the other candidate and says ‘ endha ooru ? ‘

The other candidate answers… ‘Thoothukudi pakkam ‘

“vazhga tamil”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Funny Pictures